The final team roster, including ALL required documents for participants going to the 10th Micronesian Games in the Marshall Islands are due to be turned into GNOC on Thursday, January 26, 2023. This includes police and court clearances.
The Games are scheduled to take place between July 25 to August 5, 2023. It is the personal responsibility of each athlete and swim club to learn the requirements and to make sure that their nominations and documents are submitted in time.
In order to ensure timely processing by the GNOC deadline of January 26, all documents must be turned into GSF by NO LATER THAN TUESDAY, JANUARY 24, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
This competition is open to all swimmers who meet the GNOC residency requirements and the FINA minimum age requirements (14-years old for girls and 15-years old for boys as of December 31 of the year of the event).
The swimming events (pool and open water) will be held on Kwajalein Atoll. Athletes will be housed at the Athletes’ Village which is expected to be located in the local school building(s). The buildings are open air without screens or air conditioning. Mosquito nets will be provided.
Documents and forms required to be completed and turned in to GSF for each participant by Tuesday, January 24, 2023:
1. GNOC Athlete Nomination Form;
2. GNOC Eligibility Code of Conduct/Waiver;
3. GNOC Residency Guidelines & Information Sheet on Residency Matters;
4. GNOC 2023 Handbook;
5. Copy of U.S. Passport (must be valid until February 29, 2024);
6. A high resolution digital photo in *.jpg format at 300kb-500b. No facial expressions (i.e.: smiling, teeth showing, etc.); no obstructions on face, head, and neck area (i.e.: prescription glasses, sunglasses, hats, scarves, etc.); and must have a light-colored background (white/off-white). Non-compliant photos will be returned.
7. Police Clearance;
8. Court Clearance;
9. GNOC Physical/Medical Clearance Form; and
10. ORADO TUE Form: For athletes taking medication(s) containing prohibited substances for an illness(es)/condition(s).
***Regardless of TUE status, it is EVERY ATHLETE’S RESPONSIBILITY to review and understand the latest version of the WADA Prohibited List. Parents of minor athletes MUST also review and understand the latest version of the WADA Prohibited List. There is zero tolerance for not abiding by WADA and ORADO requirements/standards. No excuses accepted.
- Parent/Guardian of minor athlete(s) under the age of 18 years old MUST countersign all GNOC documents. - Additionally, the GNOC Power of Attorney for Minors must be submitted prior to travel. A new Power of Attorney is required to be signed and submitted for each Games regardless of whether a previous POA was submitted. - All documents must be in the form of hard printed copies with original signatures. This includes documents for Athletes/Team Officials who may be located off-island. - Digital or email copies, and incomplete or unsigned documents, will NOT be accepted. All non-compliant and/or untimely documents SHALL be returned.