Thank you to all the volunteers, parents, and supporters who helped make today’s short course (25m) swim meet at Andersen Air Force Base a success!
Download the results here.
This was the second swim meet of the comeback 2022-2023 season and the first time at the AAFB pool since October 2019.
Today’s meet (and the October 2019 meet) would not have been possible without the exceptional generosity and sponsorship of Wing Chaplain Lt. Col. Kelvin W. Francis to whom GSF expresses its sincere thanks and gratitude.
GSF also extends its thanks to the members of the AAFB community who went out of their way to support our swim athletes, including Maj. Jessica L. Zamparini, Commander, 36th Force Support Squadron; Mr. Gerard Barnes, FSS athletic director; Ms. Erin Criss, head lifeguard; the personnel of the SFS/VCC; the AAFB Pubic Affairs office; and of course, home team and GSF member, the Andersen Marlins!
Update 10/30/2022: View this meet’s results.
The Guam Swimming Federation is pleased to announce that a short course (25m) swim meet will be held at the Andersen Air Force Base swimming pool on Saturday, October 29, 2022.
Set up time will be 0730. The meet will begin at 0800 and end at 1100.
All participants attending the swim meet shall abide by the following rules which are subject to change and/or amendment at any time. Any updates and changes will be announced as soon as available.
- The meet will be open to all ages.
- Swimmers who have not already registered as athletes with Guam Swimming for 2022 must complete and submit the Athlete Registration form and the Liability Indemnification Release form to GSF by Friday, October 14, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
- Due to strict time and capacity restraints, coaches shall decide the team swim roster depending on the event program that will be announced at a later date. Only those swimmers on the roster will be invited to attend the meet.
- Family members (2 parents, siblings, etc.) will be allowed to attend.
- Only swimmers, coaches, and officials will be allowed on the pool deck. Families, friends, and everyone else must stay on the grassy area outside the fence that surrounds the pool deck at all times. Canopies and chairs may be set up on the grass.
- A map of the team village on the grassy area will be provided before the meet
- Participants and families from the local teams of Manhoben, Manukai, and Tsunami who require military base access must fill out the online survey form here by no later than Friday, October 14, 2022 at 6:00 p.m.
- All persons age 18 years and over who require military base access shall submit a photo identification. The following photo identifications are acceptable:
- U.S. passport;
- Non-USA passport (FSM, Palau, Japan, etc) with a copy of the Form I-94 from U.S. Customs & Border Protection;
- A “Real ID” with a star in the top right corner. But if it is a GUAM Real ID, then it MUST be issued after 2018. Anything before 2018 must provide a copy of a birth certificate in addition to the Guam Real ID;
- Driver’s License with a copy of a birth certificate;
- Permanent Resident card (Green Card); or
- Naturalization Certificate.