FINA is now World Aquatics. Guam is proud to be United by Water.
Monthly Archives: December 2022
OSEP Community Strength and Conditioning Coach Course 2023
The Guam National Olympic Committee (GNOC) and the Oceania Sports Education Program (OSEP) are offering another Community Strength and Conditioning Coach course on January 9 to 12, 2023.
The course is open to everyone, and all interested persons are encouraged to register and attend.
Additional course information is available here.
XVI Pacific Games Final Roster and Documents due Friday, May 12, 2023
Athletes who previously turned in documents for the Micronesian Games do not need to resubmit new documents for the Pacific Games, with the exception of the GNOC Power of Attorney for Minors which must be renewed and resubmitted for each Games. Only those athletes who did not previously submit documents for the Micronesian Games need to turn in completed original hard copy documents by the Friday, May 12 deadline as stated below.
The XVI Pacific Games is scheduled to take place between November 19 to December 2, 2023 in Honiara, Solomon Islands.
This competition is open to all swimmers who meet the GNOC residency requirements and the FINA minimum age requirements (14-years old for girls and 15-years old for boys as of December 31 of the year of the event).
It is the personal responsibility of each athlete and swim club to learn the requirements and to make sure that their nominations and documents are submitted in time.
In order to ensure timely processing, all documents must be turned into GSF by NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2023. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Documents and forms required to be completed and turned in to GSF for each participant by FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2023 are:
1. GNOC Athlete Nomination Form;
2. GNOC Eligibility Code of Conduct/Waiver;
3. GNOC Residency Guidelines & Information Sheet on Residency Matters;
4. GNOC 2023 Handbook;
5. Copy of U.S. Passport (must be valid through June 30, 2024);
6. A high resolution digital photo in *.jpg format at 300kb-500b. No facial expressions (i.e.: smiling, teeth showing, etc.); no obstructions on face, head, and neck area (i.e.: prescription glasses, sunglasses, hats, scarves, etc.); and must have a light-colored background (white/off-white). Non-compliant photos will be returned.
7. Police Clearance;
8. Court Clearance;
9. GNOC Physical/Medical Clearance Form; and
10. ORADO TUE Form: For athletes taking medication(s) containing prohibited substances for an illness(es)/condition(s).
Regardless of TUE status, it is EVERY ATHLETE’S RESPONSIBILITY to review and understand the WADA Prohibited List. Parents of minor athletes MUST also review and understand the WADA Prohibited List. There is zero tolerance for not abiding by WADA and ORADO requirements/standards. No excuses accepted.
- Parent/Guardian of minor athlete(s) under the age of 18 years old MUST countersign all GNOC documents. - Additionally, the GNOC Power of Attorney for Minors must be submitted prior to travel. A new Power of Attorney is required to be signed and submitted for each Games regardless of whether a previous POA was submitted. - All documents must be in the form of hard printed copies with original signatures. This includes documents for Athletes/Team Officials who may be located off-island. - Digital or email copies, and incomplete or unsigned documents, will NOT be accepted. All non-compliant and/or untimely documents SHALL be returned.